Labels

Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Look 6025 To Vogue V8655

From New Look 6025 to Vogue V8655




This top started out as New Look 6025. I picked it for this fabric since it was a busy print and details would be lost.  When it was finished, I put it on and it fit like a sack. The neck line was way too big and this was with my usual size.I love this fabric and didn't want to waste it. It came from Haberman's Fabrics in Royal Oak, Michigan. It's a soft cotton lawn fabric and I loved it. I found Vogue V8655 and tried to salvage the top.

I cut up the original (no pic unfortunately) and used leftovers for the rest. I had to sacrifice the inverted pleat in the Vogue pattern as I was using the bottom part of the top from the armhole down and it wasn't wide enough.



Very Easy Vogue V8655



I used remnants to cut out the bodice pieces. I made my own bias tape as well, I think it looks better than purchased bias tape.
Here's the original; view B:




New Look 6025





No comments:

Post a Comment