Labels

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Using a Cut Up Tshirt with Pamelas Patterns Perfect Tank Top Pattern

Using a Cut Up Tshirt with Pamelas Patterns Perfect Tank Top Pattern



I bought some 3X size plain white men's tshirts and cut them up as in my previous post. I can use XL shirts for my kids patterns but wanted to see if I could get enough fabric in larger size shirts to make something for myself. Here I used the Pamelas Patterns Perfect Tank Top pattern, #105. I bought at the American Sewing Expo in Novi, Michigan in September.



Here's the shirt from the previous post. I'm not using the logo, the pattern pieces are arranged around it.

Here's the 3X plain shirt. I have more fabric with the larger size and enough room for a strap.

Even the sleeves can be used for the smaller pattern pieces.

The plain shirts give me more room for laying out pattern pieces.I've been dyeing plain shirts and using shibori techniques. I've used purchased shirts and shirts I've made. The fun for me is deciding how I want to fold the shirt and picking the color. I've been brave and even tried using Procion Mx dyes.
In my next post, I put up a gallery of the shirts I've dyed so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment